CROHN'S AND COLITIS CARE & MANAGEMENT =
CROHN’S DISEASE AND ULCERATIVE COLITIS ARE CONDITIONS UNDER THE UMBRELLA TERM,
INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE (IBD).1
Most often affects the portion of the small intestine before the colon. Affected areas appear in patches that are next to areas of healthy tissue. Inflammation may reach through multiple layers of the GI tract’s wall.1
Affects the colon and rectum. Damaged areas are continuous. Inflammation is only present in the innermost layer of the colon.1
people worldwide have IBD.2
There are more than
70K NEW CASES
diagnosed in the U.S. each year.2
and bloody stools
CROHN'S AND COLITIS CARE AND MANAGEMENT: YOU CAN COUNT ON NOBLE HEALTH SERVICES TO BE THERE FOR YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.
Both Crohn’s and colitis patients are automatically enrolled in Noble Health Services’ Clinical Management Program (CMP). This program is designed to improve medication adherence and outcomes. Patients will receive education and counseling on: their condition, proper usage of medication, dosing, side effects and management, and the importance of medication adherence.
Additionally, Noble offers co-pay assistance. We work to find available options to help ease the financial burden of Crohn’s and colitis medications. We strive to find the lowest out-of-pocket price available for every patient, for every prescription, every time.
INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE (IBD) VS IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (IBS)3
- Classified as a disease
- Can cause inflammation and permanent harm to the intestines
- Can be seen during diagnostic imaging
- Increases risk for colon cancer
- Classified as a syndrome, defined as a group of symptoms
- Does not cause inflammation; rarely requires hospitalization or surgery
- Does not show as an abnormality during an exam of the colon
- No increased risk for colon cancer or IBD
1. CDC - What is inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)? - Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Division of Population Health. (2018, March 22). https://www.cdc.gov/ibd/what-is-IBD.htm.
2. Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America Factbook. (2019, February). https://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/sites/default/files/2019-02/Updated%20IBD%20Factbook.pdf.
3. IBS vs IBD. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. https://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/what-is-ibd/ibs-vs-ibd.
To download and print this infographic, click here.