Our specialty pharmacy is built specifically for dispensing medications for complex, chronic diseases. Specialty medications often require a little extra attention that can make it difficult for traditional retail pharmacies to handle. That’s why we’re here to help walk you through every step of the way.
Noble Health Services offers a variety of services to make life easier when it comes to managing your therapy, such as:
- Benefits and Co-Pay Assistance investigations to ensure that we fill your prescription at the lowest possible cost
- Noble's Signature Care Program will manage the refill process so that you never run out of medication
- Free Overnight Delivery to your home, work or physician’s office
- Free Ancillary Supplies:
- Sharps Containers
- Alcohol Swabs/Bandages
- Educational Materials
- Our Clinical Management Programs offer you access to our 24/7/365 on-call emergency support team of clinical pharmacists and nurses. Along with a number of programs to help you along your journey, including:
- Injection Training - Training assistance to administer injections
- One-on-One Clinical Coaching - Assistance with medication and therapeutic questions
- Ongoing Patient Support - Continued support throughout the duration of therapy
- Utilization Management - Takes the stress of specialty off your hands by helping with case management, reimbursement, and follow-ups
- Economic Solutions - Improve cost management with rebates
- Dispensing Solutions -Timely scheduling and dispensing of prescriptions to meet therapy requirements
Visit our Conditions Page to learn more about some of the conditions that Noble Health Services treats.
At Noble, we welcome any and all feedback and encourage you take take our Patient Survey.
How do I report an error or concern with my medications?
What do I do if I have an adverse reaction to my medications?
If you are having an adverse reaction to your medication and are in need of emergency medical assistance, please call 911. If it is not an emergency, please contact us at (888) 843-2040, 24/7/365.
How do I dispose of my medications?
Visit this FDA website to view a list of medications that can be safely flushed down the toilet or see the handout that was included in your welcome packet.
What if there is a recall on my medication?
You will be notified by a Noble team member if there is a recall on your medication and given instructions on what to do.
What if Noble doesn't have my medication?
A Noble team member will let you know if we are unable to fulfill the medication. Guidance on where the medication may be available will be given upon request.
How do I transfer my prescription?
Please call (888) 843-2040 to ask a Noble team member to transfer the prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
How can you help reduce my out of pocket costs?
Our Noble team works to find the best out-of-pocket cost through co-pay assistance cards, patient assistance programs, and/or charity organizations.
How do I order a new prescription?
E-Prescription: Noble Health Services accepts electronic prescriptions from providers’ offices.
By Phone or Fax: Your provider can send a prescription to Noble over the phone (888) 843-2040 or via fax (888) 842-3977.
By Mail: Your provider can mail your new prescription to:Noble Health Services
6040 Tarbell Road
Syracuse, NY 13206
Live close by? Feel free to drop your prescription off right at our office!
How long does it take to receive my prescriptions?
We start the process within 24 hours of receiving your prescription. Once we get the approval from your insurance company, we’ll call to set up delivery. We offer next day delivery to your home, work or provider’s office.
How do I refill my prescriptions?
Let us do the work for you! You’ll receive a call from one of our Noble team members about a week before you are out of your medication. Want to get ahead of the game? Feel free to give us a call at (888) 842-2040 or check out our Online Refills page at www.noblehealthservices.com.